Robert Plutchik created a wheel of emotions in 1980 which consisted of 8 basic emotions and 8 advanced emotions each composed of 2 basic ones.
Eight Basic Emotions
Basic Emotion ⇄ Basic Opposite
- Joy ⇄ Sadness
- Trust ⇄ Disgust
- Fear ⇄ Anger
- Surprise ⇄ Anticipation
Combination of Basic Emotions (A + B) = Advanced Human Emotions (Opposite Advanced Emotion in Parentheses)
- Anticipation + Joy = Optimism (Disapproval)
- Joy + Trust = Love (Remorse)
- Trust + Fear = Submission (Contempt)
- Fear + Surprise = Awe (Aggression)
- Surprise + Sadness = Disappointment (Optimism)
- Sadness + Disgust = Remorse (Love)
- Disgust + Anger = Contempt (Submission)
- Anger + Anticipation = Aggression (Awe)
I actually had this diagram from my psychology class and I started writing a series or fics based on all the emotions.
But this one is way more detailed I’ll have to save it.
fucking coolest thing ive seen in months
that the main reason why I am single is because I didn’t send that chain message when I was 12
I HIT MY ARM ON THE DOORWAY AND SHOUTED “LOUD ANGRY YELLING” AND MY FUCKING MOM COMES IN LIKE “r u ok I heard some loud angry yelling” I’M LAUGHING LIKE A WALRUS
most beautiful line from an hsm fanfic ever:
“troy was horny as fuck. his head was in his pants, not in the game”
She waited 9 months for her moment